Article published: May 12th, 2012
This week, let’s look at the fundamentals. A team is a group of people who come together temporarily to achieve a purpose. Teams are organic and they grow and change, so we need to make use of the opportunities that change offers.
According to Larry Lipman, the top 10 benefits of team building include:
1. To gain dynamic rapport among team members.
2. To open the climate for streamlined communication.
3. To stimulate creativity.
4. To discover new ways of strategising and solving challenges.
5. To surface hidden problems & agendas.
6. To appreciate individual differences and strengths.
7. To learn trust.
8. To welcome and handle change.
9. To strengthen teamwork and motivation.
10. To learn and have fun at the same time!
Outdoor activities can be a superb method for developing most teams. With a large number of quality outdoor activity centres across Derbyshire, Staffordshire, The Peak District and the Midlands, Hard Days Knight help you create a bespoke activity weekend across a number of centres. By gaining an understanding of your team objectives, individual activity preferences and budget, you will be sure to provide a team building weekend that all members will look back on fondly for years to come!
To discuss your team building objectives, get in touch now!